When designing, renovating or building your bathroom, finding the best bathroom sink for your application can be a difficult task. Tens of thousands of bathroom sinks are offered in stores and online and differentiating between different brands, materials, installation types and other features can be very difficult especially if this is your first time shopping for a bathroom sink. With the significant effort and money involved in the project, it is important to choose the best of the bests. In this article, we rank the best bathroom sinks available and discuss the best bathroom styles, designs, materials and installation types. Finally, a bathroom sink is not complete without finding the best matching bathroom faucet which we also delve into.
Criteria for Determining the Best Bathroom Sinks
- The build quality of bathroom sinks and its design. The best bathroom sinks are made with the best materials, have great finishes and often times are designed by the best designers in the industry.
- The overall utility of the bathroom sink is based on practicality and usability.
- Ability for the bathroom sink to be used as different mount types. For example, we ranked a sink higher if it could be used as both a wall mounted bathroom sink and a vessel bathroom sink.
- Price, the best bathroom sinks should be well-priced and suitable to be used for medium to large projects as well as residential projects and home renovations.
- Availability, the bathroom sinks should be readily available in stock at the best online retailers, plumbing speciality shops and plumbing showrooms.
- Brand, the sinks that we ranked are made by reputable bathroom sink manufacturers.
Best Bathroom Sinks Available in 2020
Simple 60 Wall Mounted/Vessel Bathroom Sink - ModoBath
A versatile and popular style of sink in 2019, the same can be said in 2020. The Simple 60 can either be mounted on the wall or mounted on the counter top as a vessel sink. Its simple design makes it versatile and usable in every bathroom. The Simple 60 is available with zero, one or three faucet holes, meaning that you can use virtually any faucet that you want. The rectangular design is sharp and simple, making this sink fit into many bathroom designs. Ultimately, what makes the Simple 60 the best bathroom sink on our list is that it has a great build, great finish, can be installed in a couple of different ways, works for commercial purposes and it is very well priced.
Memoirs Undermount Bathroom Sink - Kohler
This particular sink from Kohler is a beautiful and sleek option for a bathroom sink. Because of its design, it can be used in almost any bathroom theme or design. The build and installation makes for a smooth design factor for your bathroom and is easy to clean. This sink has a rectangular basin and it can use a wall mounted faucet or a deck mounted faucet, though the deck mounted faucet will have to be installed on the countertop due to the sink being undermount. If you are designing or renovating your bathroom, this is a great sink. The Memoirs Collection is one of Kohler's best selling collection and this undermount sink is the leader from the collection.
Town Square S Pedestal Bathroom Sink - American Standard
The Town Square S pedestal sink is another pedestal sink that can offer a stylish design to your bathroom. This sink brings a sense of classic architecture to your bathroom with unique molding to make it stand out from the rest. This sink proves useful in saving space for your bathroom while being effective and a great focal point for your bathroom. The width of this sink measures 30 inches, giving you sufficient space for whatever you need. The lip in the back of the sink gives you space to store your smaller accessories, acting as a built in shelf. According to our criteria, this model is the best pedestal bathroom sink available.
Unlimited 60 Wall Mounted/Vessel Bathroom Sink - ModoBath
The Unlimited 60, similar to the Simple 60, is a sink that can either be wall mounted or act as a vessel sink, offering that versatility factor. The Unlimited 60 is available with no faucet and one faucet hole, so if you decide you would prefer a wall mount faucet, you can definitely go that route. It is available in a beautiful ceramic white. The rectangular shape meshes well with the geometry of a modern bathroom, or any bathroom for that matter. The Unlimited 60 is a beautiful piece for your bathroom if you are renovating or need a new beautiful sink. We rank it as the best bathroom sink for both high-end residential projects and commercial projects.
Retro 1047+1070 Pedestal Bathroom Sink - WS Bath Collections
The Retro pedestal sink is a beautifully crafted sink made in Italy, made of ceramics. This sink includes mounting hardware, making for a simple installation process. It is also available with one or three faucet holes, making it easy for you to incorporate the faucet that you want to have for your sink. This particular sink offers a classic feel and can help your bathroom add a factor of elegance and beauty to your bathroom that you could need. If you are looking for a very well-made, vintage pedestal bathroom sink, the Retro sink may be your best option.
Reve Pedestal Bathroom Sink - Kohler
Pedestal sinks are often overlooked but in 2019, they are slowly making their way back to the top of the list. This sink combines a traditional style with a modern flare. The Reve has a v-shaped basin, a rectangular pedestal and a sleek design, making it a solid option for virtually any bathroom. This sink has a single faucet hole giving you plenty of options for the type of faucet you want to install, as long as it only requires one hole. It also has a overflow drain as an added feature, and is made of fire clay. The sink measures 39 inches in width. We rank this model as the best contemporary pedestal bathroom sink.
Energy 60 Bathroom Sink - ModoBath
The Energy 60 is a simple yet stylish wall mounted sink. The Energy 60 is a rectangular shaped sink that is available with either one or three faucet holes. Mounting hardware is included with this sink allowing for a simple installation process. This sink is suitable for both residential and commercial use because of its neutral design and color. The Energy 60 is composed of ceramic, a common material used for other bathroom fixtures, making it mesh well with your other bathroom fixtures.
Celerity Above Counter Vessel Bathroom Sink - American Standard
This sink is simple and easy. If you are looking for a sink that fits well in a minimalist or simple design, consider the Celerity. The Celerity, one of the best selling vessel bathroom sinks on the market, brings a simple and modern feel to your bathroom. Its white color and composition of vitreous china makes it a nice neutral styled sink. This sink does not come with faucet holes, so will have to use either a wall mounted faucet or a counter mounted faucet, which is not a negative by any means.
Verticyl Undermount Bathroom Sink - Kohler
The Kohler Verticyl is a beautiful undermount bathroom sink. The sink features a deep geometric basin to fit into several bathroom designs. It also features an overflow drain and vertical sides. The sink is composed of vitreous china. One thing to note is that this sink does not incorporate faucet holes. It requires a wall mounted or deck mounted faucet. The Verticyl is available in nine different colors, giving you a decent selection to choose from. If you need any help with installation, visit the Kohler website.
LT540G Undermount Bathroom Sink - Toto
The LT540G undermount sink from Toto is a beautiful undermount sink that is both versatile and beautiful. The LT540G comes equipped with a backsplash, a front overflow and a spacious basin. These features are incredibly important for both the functionality and comfort of the sink. In addition, mounting hardware is also included. The rimless rectangular build is also very sleek, fitting perfectly into a modern bathroom design. The sink comes in two colors, Cotton and Sedona Biege. The specifications are available on the Toto website, making it easy for you to check every element and measurement of the sink.
D-Code #070650 Bathroom Sink - Duravit
The D-Code from Duravit is a small yet effective sink that can be used in any bathroom design. This sink is wall mounted, making it versatile in terms of installation. It comes equipped an overflow as well as a faucet deck with a single hole. The faucet can be mounted on the right or left side of the basin, depending on the variant. The installation hardware is included and the underside of the sink is fully glazed. The basin itself is 11 3/4 inches, while the entire sink measures 19 5/8 inches in length. The D-Code comes in a beautiful pure white color. D-Code is perfect for small bathrooms and we believe it is the best small bathroom sink money can buy.
1930 Series Washbasin - Duravit
The 1930 Washbasin from Duravit is a great series to consider for a bathroom sink. The wall mounted 1930 Washbasin incorporates an overflow as well as a faucet deck. The sink comes in two variant. One has one hole drilled into the sink and the other variant has three holes drilled. In addition, hardware is fully included with the sink. The underside of the sink is fully glazed. The washbasin measures 23 5/8 inches from end to end, with the basin measuring 19 1/2 inches. The beautiful vintage design makes this model the best vintage wall mount bathroom sink on our list.
Build Quality of a Bathroom Sink
High quality sinks are incredibly important to any bathroom design. This is true for a number of different reasons. First of all, you need a sink with a very good build quality. Build quality is incredibly important for the longevity of your design as well as the longevity of the sink. The way a bathroom sink is built will tell you several different things about it. First of all, a high-quality sink will have no crevices or cracks. This is something to look out for when you are purchasing a new bathroom sink.
Of course, cracks can happen in any type of sink, especially if the same key is mishandled by whoever is packaging it. This is always a possibility, so keep that in mind. However, if you find that your bathroom sink is experiencing any small damages soon after purchasing it, it is something to worry about. Typically by purchasing the best quality bathroom sinks, you are significantly less likely to experiences any problems.
You should also worry about how the sink feels to you. This ties directly into the build quality of the sink. A high-quality sink will be smooth to the touch and very comfortable to use. A low-quality sink may be a little rough and have somewhat sharp edges depending on the sink tight. This is something to consider. If you have access to a bathroom showroom that is offering the sink you are interested in, it is recommended that you go and touch it physically before you purchase it.
If you do not have access to a showroom near you, you should try to read any online reviews of the sink. The best finishes will feel smooth and consistent while lesser quality finishes may be rougher, streaky and inconsistent. Online reviews aren't always the most reliable, but they do give you somewhat of a good idea about how the sink will work in your bathroom. Consider reading the best reviews along with some of the lower reviews to get a better sense of the product.
Bathroom Sink Design
Similar to the auto industry, the best bathroom sinks are designed by the industry's best designers. This article focus on the best bathroom sinks where price and availability are important factors. Based on that criteria, we did not include any of the best designer bathroom sinks in the article but it is important delve into the importance of design. Bathroom sinks can be a true art form and some of the best product designers work in bathroom sector to create truly remarkable bathroom sinks. Many of this models are made to order or custom made, use unique materials such as crystal, pert, natural stone, colored ceramics, amongst several other beautiful materials.
Although, these models are typically not the best models for most projects, they can be highly rewarding for high-end residential projects, hotels, spas and commercial projects. Designer bathroom sinks can help create truly remarkable bathrooms leaving a comfortable feeling of use if you are using these sinks in our own home or leave a lasting impression on your guests if used in a hotel, spa, restaurant or any other commercial project.
Accordingly, when shopping for a bathroom sink, make sure not to negligent the design and choose a design that best fits your project and also best fits your budget.. There are several different sink designs to choose from, so this might be a bit confusing at first. If you are simply looking for a replacement to your sink, you should go with the same type of sink that you currently have. If you want a completely new sink design, there are several different routes for you to go. For example, if you are going for a luxury or modern bathroom design, a beautiful vessel sink could be just the thing for you. You may want more of a minimalist design that focuses on the creation of space, so try an undermount or drop-in sink. You can put any type of sink in any type of bathroom design. However, just make sure that the sink matches with the design you currently have.
You should choose a color that you like as well as a sink design that you like. In addition, you should also check to see the number of faucet holes and any other features that come with the sink. Many sinks can come with several different features, so it is important to explore your options. If you have access to any bathroom or plumbing showroom, it is advised that you go to one. This way, you can see many of the sinks that you like in person. Some setups even have functional displays that you can use. This is something to consider when going through the buying process.
Best Bathroom Sink Trends
- Colored bathroom sinks are becoming more popular. With many manufacturers around the world offering sinks in up to dozens of different colors, it is no surprise that consumers are taking the opportunity to personalize their bathrooms with colored bathroom sinks.
- Matte colored bathroom sinks. Matte black has been trending for the last two years and may be the best of the new trends. This year we are seeking the rise of other matte finishes.
- Smaller bathroom sinks. As bathrooms, especially in major cities, continue to get smaller, the demand for smaller bathroom sinks generally under 20" is continuing to rise.
- Console bathroom sinks are becoming increasingly more popular due to their sleek design and utility. The frame of the sink can usually be used as a towel rail. This gives you an additional beautiful feature. One of the most popular console sinks on our website is the Cento 3534.
Best Bathroom Sink Installation Types
Depending on the type of bathroom you have, the installation of your sink could vary. If you are struggling for with space in a small bathroom, consider a wall mounted sink. If you already have a vanity that you like, an undermount or drop-in installation might be the installation method for you. Every sink has a different installation type that you should now before you choose a sink. The main sink installation types are wall mounted, pedestal, drop-in, undermount, semi-recessed and vessel sinks.
A summary of the pros and cons are mentioned below for each of the installation types:
- A Wall Mounted Bathroom Sink - A wall mounted sink is great for small bathrooms as well as larger designs. The installation type allows for the creation of space as well as a beautiful minimalist design element.
- A Pedestal Bathroom Sink - The pedestal sink installation is similar to a wall mount installation, with the inclusion of a beautiful pedestal to house the sink. Pedestal sinks are very versatile in design.
- A Drop-in Bathroom Sink - A drop-in sink has a simple installation method. Drop this sink into your counter or vanity and seal it with a silicon sealant.
- Undermount - Undermount sinks offer a sleek design with a seamless installation process. This process is one of the more difficult ones, but you receive a beautifully integrated sink in return.
- A Semi-recessed Bathroom Sink - Semi-recessed sinks are somewhat similar to drop-in sinks in terms of installation, with a few extra steps. This sink fits perfectly into a modern bathroom design.
- A Vessel Bathroom Sink - Vessel sinks are mounted on the surface of your counter or vanity. You will need to install this sink on an appropriate surface with a proper sealant to ensure a successful installation process.
Best Bathroom Sink Materials
Bathroom sinks are composed of several different materials. Depending on the design of your bathroom among several other factors, the material of your sink could vary. Materials such as ceramic, glass, solid surface, metal and cast iron. Below is a summary of all of the pros and cons and each sink material.
- Ceramic Bathroom Sinks - As one of the most common and reliable sink materials, ceramic is always a solid choice and continues to be the best material for bathroom sinks. It lasts a long time in your bathroom and is very versatile in terms of design.
- Glass Bathroom Sinks - Glass is one of the most beautiful sink materials out there. It can be cut into beautiful designs and is utilized most effectively in vessel bathroom sinks.
- Solid Surface Bathroom Sinks - Composed of solid synthetic sheets. This type of material is usually integrated bathroom sinks. It will create a seamless combination of your sink and vanity.
- Metal Bathroom Sinks - A sturdy material, metal can come in several different variants when it comes to a bathroom sink. Usually found in drop-in or undermount sinks, metal is both durable and stylish.
- Cast Iron Bathroom Sinks - Cast iron sinks are both durable and easy to maintain. They are very durable, but can be susceptible to stains if you are not cleaning them regularly.
What is the Best Bathroom Sink Size?
The size of a bathroom sink is dependent on several factors. First, consider the size of your bathroom. If you have a relatively small bathroom, don't purchase an over-sized sink. A small wall mounted sink will be perfect for your design. Second, know how many people are going to be using the sink. If you have multiple people using the bathroom at any given time, consider a double sink or even two or more separate sinks.
You should also consider whether or not you have a vanity in your bathroom. Measure your vanity's dimensions before you purchase a sink. This will ensure that the sink you purchase will fit comfortable in or on your vanity. To find a bathroom sink that best fits your bathroom, make sure you accurately measure your bathroom and plan correctly. There are also several new tools such as augmented reality, available on most new smartphones and tablets, that can show products virtually in your bathroom using only the camera on your phone.
Best Bathroom Sink Colors
When it comes to color, bathroom sinks can incorporate a variety of unique ones. There is one color that is the most popular in every type of bathroom sink, and that color is glossy white, which continues to be the best bathroom sink color due to its popularity. This color is versatile and beautiful making it a perfect pick for a sink no matter what design you want to put it in. Not surprisingly, the majority of bathroom sinks on the market are white.
Off-white and biscuit colors are very popular, especially in sinks from Kohler. However, other colors are solid choices as well. For example, matte black and matte white are two colors that have been trending over the past several years. If you want a more personalized or creative experience, you can also experiment with other colors. Bathroom sinks such as our Seed FS is available in 11 beautiful colors. This is something to consider for a themed bathroom and may be the best choice for residential bathrooms.
Best Bathroom Sinks Brands
Bathroom sinks are integral and beautiful components of a bathroom design. Because they are essential, they can come in a variety of different designs, shapes, materials and sizes. When purchasing a bathroom sink, it is important to purchase it from a trusted seller. This guide will highlight the best bathroom sink companies and brands, and why you should consider each one for your next sink replacement or bathroom renovation.
Criteria For Determining the Best Bathroom Sink Companies
When determining a great bathroom sink company, there are several things to consider. The bathroom sinks should be of high quality in a number of different areas. Below is a list of factors that you should consider when looking to purchase from a trustworthy bathroom sink company.
- Assortment - A good bathroom sink company should have a vast assortment of bathroom sinks. This includes the number of styles, finishes, sizes, materials and numerous other factors.
- Quality - Quality is one of the most important elements of a bathroom sink. A cheaply made bathroom sink will break, experience functionality issues and stain easily. High quality sinks will increase the longevity of your design.
- Distribution Channels and Availability - You shouldn’t have to wait weeks or even months to receive your preferred bathroom sink. In addition, the sink you want should be available through several different methods of distribution.
- Pricing - The price of a bathroom sink should be reasonable based on the materials used, quality, manufacturer and a number of other factors. Very cheap sinks will most likely not be very reliable, but you should also stay away from extremely overpriced bathroom sinks.
- Style - A good bathroom sink company will have a variety of different sink styles to choose from. Variety is important and the availability of each sink is essential for a comfortable buying process.
- Materials - High quality materials will almost always translate to high quality and durability. Materials such as ceramic, glass, stone, solid surface and several others are great starting points.
- Customer Satisfaction - The company should have a responsive staff and quality service. Customer satisfaction is important when purchasing your bathroom sink, especially when you need your bathroom sink in a timely manner.
Top Rated Bathroom Sink Brands
- Kohler is the largest bathroom sink manufacturer in the United States and their products are used in major projects throughout the world. Kohler's offers a wide range of sinks and ranks as the best undermount bathroom sink manufacturer
- WS Bath Collections is the best manufacturer for medium to high-end bathroom sinks. Their collection of wall mounted bathroom sinks is among the largest in the industry. Most of WS Bath Collections' products are made in Europe.
- American Standard is the second largest bathroom sink brand in the United States right behind Kohler. They offer a large selection of bathroom sinks that are typically very well priced. American Standard is the best manufacturer for contemporary pedestal bathroom sinks
- Miseno offers very well priced bathroom sinks and specialize specifically in undermount and vessel bathroom sinks.
- Duravit is also a leading manufacturer for medium to high-end bathroom sinks. Most of their bathroom sinks are made in Europe and they are an industry leader in new sink designs. Duravit offers the best small bathroom sinks on the market.
Importance of Choosing Reputable Brands
High quality is incredibly important when it comes to choosing a bathroom sink. A good bathroom sink company will highlight their sinks by expressing the durable materials used as well as the longevity of the sink in your bathroom design. The durability of a bathroom sink is an essential element to ensuring that this will be a one time purchase that will last for at least ten years. Another important factor is a good warranty on the sink. There are always issues that could arise in a bathroom sink, no matter how well it is made. A good bathroom sink company will understand this. It is important to find a bathroom sink company that gives you a warranty that you are comfortable with. Repairs or replacements should be offered to ensure you get your sink no matter what happens.
A trustworthy bathroom sink company will want to build a good relationship with its customers. This is something that is valued by both the customer and the company. The better the relationship, the more satisfied each side will be. If you are having trouble with orders, lengthy waits for responses, or similar inconveniences, the company you are purchasing your sink from might not be the right choice for future purchases.
Cost of a Bathroom Sink
Similar to most home fixtures and furniture, the cost of a bathroom sink can vary significantly. When shopping for a bathroom sink, it is important to consider many factors that will determine the quality of the sink, the design and the size of the sink that you need. A high quality bathroom sink will last much longer than a lower quality alternative. Cracks, discolorations and leaks are common for lower quality bathroom sinks and repairs can be quite expensive. Generally, we do not recommend purchasing any sink that is not made by a reputable manufacturer or brand (make sure to do your research!).
The design of a sink can contribute greatly to the final cost of the sink. Beautiful finishes such as matte black sinks along with trendy designs such as thin edge sinks, sinks with hidden overflows, among other new designs are difficult to manufacture and based on that, the price of a designer sink will be much higher than a standard sink. The average human spends almost 200 hours a year in the bathroom. An appealing bathroom can make those 200 hours feel more comfortable and relaxing, greatly improving your mood.
Lastly, the cost of a bathroom sink will increase proportionally with size. Though, it is important to note that some large bathroom sinks may have complicated manufacturing processes that cause the cost to be higher (proportionally) than the same model sink in a smaller size. For a standard good quality bathroom sink, you can expect to pay between $14 to $22 per inch (for example, a good quality 20” bathroom sink should be between $280 to $440). The best bathroom sinks, designer bathroom sinks, specialty finishes and colors, and other sinks that incorporate new trends, designs and features can be much more expensive.
Q: How Should I Install My Bathroom Sink?
A: The installation process of the different types of sinks will vary quite significantly though installation of most bathroom sinks is relatively simple. Besides the installation of the sink itself to the counter, on the floor, or on the floor, the plumbing of all bathroom sinks should more or less be the same. Generally, mounting instructions will be included with most bathroom sinks either in the box of sink or on the vendor’s website. The following is a quick explanation of how to mount different types of sinks though you should follow full and complete instructions from the sink’s vendor when installing your sink.
- Installing a Wall Mount Bathroom Sink - Usually installed with a bolt and nut system. The bolts are bolted into the wall into 2x4 blocks and then the sink is attached to the wall.
- Installing a Vessel or Drop-In Bathroom Sink - Usually the sink can simply be placed on top of the counter or the vanity. Though it is optional, you can use silicone to secure the sink to the counter.
- Installing an Undermount Bathroom Sink - Usually installed with L-shaped brackets or metal clips. The brackets or clips are secured on the underside of the counter securing the sink to the counter. Silicone should be used to secure the sink.
Q: Who Should Install My Bathroom Sink?
A: If you are comfortable installing your own bathroom sink, follow the instructions and prepare your bathroom ahead of time for an easy installation process. You also have the option of hiring a professional to install the bathroom sink for you.
Q: What is the Price of a Bathroom Sink?
A: The cost of a bathroom sink will depend on sink type, material and size among other aspects. Bathroom sinks that incorporate durable material with a high build quality will last much longer than cheaply made bathroom sinks.
Q: What Materials Are Used In a Bathroom Sink?
A: Common materials used in bathroom sinks include ceramic, glass, metal, cast iron and several others. The material used in a bathroom sink will determine cost, quality and longevity.
Q: How Much Space Do You Have In Your Bathroom?
A: If you have a large bathroom, you may want to consider a large trough bathroom sink or a double basin bathroom sink. A small bathroom will benefit from corner bathroom sinks or wall mounted bathroom sinks.
Q: Who Is Going To Use the Bathroom?
A: If you have many people or children using a bathroom, consider a very durable bathroom sink. If not, you can opt for a more delicate and beautiful designer bathroom sink.
Q: Should You Consider a High Maintenance Sink?
A: Different materials need to be cared for in different ways. It is important that you know all of the materials and specifications of your bathroom sink in order to maintain it properly.
Q: How Do I Know If I Need a New Bathroom Sink?
A: Bathroom sinks with cracks, chips, leaks or dysfunctional features need to be replaced as soon as possible. If you have had the same bathroom sink for over ten years, it also may be time for a replacement.
Q: Do I Need a Sink With Faucet Holes?
A: If you plan on using a deck mounted faucet, faucet holes will be required for the faucets installation. Faucet holes will not be necessary if you plan on using a wall mounted faucet.
Q: What Do I Need to Know Before I Buy a Bathroom Sink?
A: In general, it is important to know the material, price, build quality, faucet accommodation and design of the bathroom sink, in no particular order of importance. A bathroom sink is an extremely important fixture. Therefore, it is necessary to take each factor into consideration.
You will have your perfect bathroom sink once this process is complete. Because there are several sinks to choose from, this process might take a while. However, this shouldn't be a turn off. A bathroom sink is one of the most beautiful and accessible fixtures in a bathroom design. Choose a sink that works best for your design, and you will see the benefits immediately. It will make your design stand out and give you a comfortable fixture to use. If you're having any trouble choosing a sink for your specific design, contact a professional. This way, you will get your sink easily and with the help of someone with experience. We hope this article helps you find the best bathroom sink for your project.