Bathroom Accessories You Need
- Towel Bars - Towel bars are necessary for holding and drying towels to create a healthy and organized bathroom area.
- Towel Rings - Towel rings allow for a smaller towel to be held in an accessible location, such as next to a sink.
- Shower Baskets - Shower baskets help you hold soaps, shampoos and other shower accessories for easy storage and convenience.
- Toilet Paper Holders - Toilet paper holder are essential to hold and store toilet paper with easy accessibility.
- Bathroom Hooks - Bathroom hooks are small yet effective ways to hang any size towel.
- Shelves - Shelves are incredibly useful for holding other bathroom accessories and promoting effective organization.
- Soap Dispensers and Soap Dishes - Both of these bathroom accessories help to keep your vanity area clean while giving you access to the soap you need.
- Toilet Brush Holders - Toilet brush holders give you a clean way to store your toilet brush.
- Grab Bars - grab bars are very useful for stability and balance, especially for people with mobility problems.
Step-by-step to Start Shopping for Bathroom Accessories
- Step 1 - Research all of the bathroom accessories you need. It is important to get an idea of what bathroom accessories are necessary for your design, and what kind you need.
- Step 2 - Narrow down the selection in terms of design and price points. This means that you should find the highest quality design in tandem with a price point that you are comfortable with.
- Step 3 - Find the best brands that fit your design preferences and price points. Many brands have certain price ranges and design qualities.
- Step 4 - Go through those brands' websites and browse through their selections. It is important to get an idea of what kind of which brands are the most appealing to you.
- Step 5 - Choose the collection that you like. By doing this, you will know what bathroom accessories and designs that you think would work most effectively in your bathroom design.
- Step 6 - Google the specific products and find which online or physical retailers are offering these products at the best price. This will guide you to the best possible choices for your bathroom accessories.
Shopping for Towel Bars
One of the most used and convenient items in your bathroom is the towel bar or the towel ring. A towel bar/ring is absolutely necessary if you have a bathtub or shower in your bathroom, and is especially crucial if you have multiple people using the bathroom. This bathroom accessory can be customized through length, style and technology. There are a number of different ways to incorporate a towel bar into your design. As a general rule, you should have your towel bar within an arm's reach of your bathtub or shower. You don't want to have to struggle to reach your towels after you are done your shower or bath. Depending on the number of people in your bathroom, you may need multiple towel bars.
Shopping for Towel Rings
If you have a hand towel for hand washing, consider shopping for a smaller towel bar or towel ring near your sink. Towel rings will be great accessories for any sink or vanity area. You are always going to need a towel at the ready, so consider this. Towel rings can come in many different shapes and finishes, so there is no shortage of choices. Another great element of a towel ring is the towel that you incorporate. A beautiful hand towel will be both stylish and useful. You can use an embroidered towel or a simple towel, among many other designs. These bathroom accessories can also have a number of beautiful finishes as well, with essentially the same possibilities as towel bars.
Shopping for Shower Baskets
A shower can often get cluttered and unorganized with shampoo bottles and washcloths hanging everywhere. These bathroom accessories are the immediate solution to this problem. Shower baskets can be hung on a shower head or hung on another type of hook or mount that is in your shower. They can hold virtually any cleaning item that you will use in your shower. This can include shampoo, conditioner and essentially any other toiletry you might need in your shower. Not only are shower baskets incredibly effective functionally, but they are amazing pieces of design. Shower baskets can be beautiful bathroom accessories in an otherwise mundane shower area. If you are struggling with incorporating a beautiful environment in your shower, this will definitely help you. Shower baskets can come in a variety of different materials, but you should definitely focus on high quality. Metal will be the most reliable material to go with. Materials such as different plastics can work, but they won't be as durable in the long run.
Shopping for Toilet Paper Holders
Another essential bathroom accessory, the toilet paper holder is one of the most important bathroom accessories to include in your bathroom. Instead of putting your toilet paper on the counter or the ground, which looks unorganized and dirty, install a toilet paper holder to make your bathroom look more organized and comfortable. Toilet paper holders can come in beautiful designs that can hold the toilet paper either horizontal or vertical to fit your personal preference. Wall mounted toilet paper holders are the most common installation type, but you can find toilet paper holders that are mounted from the ground as well as a counter top version.
Shopping for Bathroom Hooks
Bathroom hooks are a versatile bathroom accessory that can accommodate a number of different items. For example, if you feel as though towel bars aren’t the way to go for you, you should include bathroom hooks. Hooks can hold towels as well as other items such as robes. You can also hang other items on bathroom hooks, such as some shower caddies and other similar items. Bathroom hooks are easy to install and can be placed in a number of different areas that will give you the most accessibility.
Shopping for Bathroom Shelves
Bathroom shelves are excellent at storing items that may otherwise not have any space to be located. If you want to keep your vanity counter clear, shelves are very effective holding any items you still want to use on a daily basis, but want to keep them in an accessible location. Shelves can be placed virtually anywhere, but the most effective places to place them are about eye level. However it is encouraged that you place your shelves in the most comfortable location for you. Like other bathroom accessories, you can find shelf designs that match well with your overall bathroom theme.
Shopping for Soap Dispensers and Soap Dishes
If you are going to have any bathroom accessories on your vanity, a soap dispenser is one you should definitely consider. Soap dispensers are worth the buy because of their longevity as well as the style that they bring to your bathroom design. One of the best aspects about shopping for a soap dispenser is how long it will last. You can refill it with any soap you like to keep things different, while simultaneously avoiding plastic soap bottles. If you prefer bars of soap, a beautiful soap dish could be the choice for you. Both soap dishes and soap dispensers can be mounted on the wall or placed on the counter top. Depending on how you use your bathroom, you can include either or both a dispenser or a dish.
Shopping for Toilet Brush Holders
One of the forgotten bathroom accessories is the toilet brush holder. People often settle for the plastic toilet brush holder that gets dirty and breaks easily. A quality toilet brush holder is a beautiful and long lasting bathroom accessory to include in your bathroom. With a number of different finishes and styles to choose from, a toilet brush holder can be placed next to your toilet to make the area look more appealing and clean.
Shopping for Grab Bars
Not every bathroom will have grab bars, but sometimes they can be some of the most beneficial bathroom accessories to incorporate. Grab bars can increase the comfort in your bathroom by making it easier to move around in places like showers or bathtubs. You can also install them in other areas of your bathroom where you need them. Grab bars are tremendous aids for accessibility and comfort. When shopping for bathroom accessories, decide whether or not a grab bar is practical for you.
Where to Shop for Bathroom Accessories
Shopping for bathroom accessories can be done in two main ways. First you can buy your bathroom accessories online. Consider online retailers such as modobath.com or build.com for an easy and efficient online shopping experience. If you prefer a brick and mortar location, consider Lowe's or Home Depot. If you are not sure on how to start the shopping process, read the article, Where to Buy Bathroom Accessory Sets.
The Best Places to Buy Bathroom Accessories Locally
Sometimes, the most convenient way to buy bathroom accessories is through local plumbing suppliers. These can come in the form of simple bathroom hardware suppliers to large and expansive showrooms. There are many beautiful showrooms in all states across the country, so there is likely one that is relatively close to you. Several plumbing showrooms can have working displays and the ability for you to schedule an appointment. To find a showroom near you, read Best Plumbing Showrooms by State.
Gifting Bathroom Accessory Sets
You should also consider bathroom accessory sets as great gifts for somebody else. These can be very useful and beautiful gifts, especially for new homeowners or somebody who plans on remodeling their bathroom. Bathroom accessory sets can be 3 pieces, 4 pieces and many more, including essentially anything you need in a bathroom. In addition, with a multitude of different designs to choose from, you are bound to find a bathroom accessory set that you can fit into the bathroom design you have in mind.
Bathroom Accessory Sets and Hardware Sets: What's the Difference?
Bathroom accessory sets and hardware sets are often synonymous, but there is a key difference. First, not all accessories are considered hardware. For example, bathroom accessory sets that include soap dispensers, soap dishes and tumblers, are not considered to be hardware. Bathroom accessories such as towel bars, toilet paper holders and towel rings are considered to be hardware, as well as accessories. To sum it up, bathroom accessory sets can include everything in the hardware and accessory category. Hardware sets will only incorporate traditional bathroom hardware.