- Home /
- Bathroom Mirrors
The Ideal Bathroom Mirror
Bathroom mirrors are an essential part of any bathroom decor and can be one of the most elegant ways to tie the bathroom together. Finding the right mirror is very important because the main function of a mirror is to make sure you are looking the best you can. Not only are mirrors an essential fixture in any bathroom, but they are crucial for enhancing the design of your bathroom.
When looking for a mirror, there are several things to consider.
The Frame of the Bathroom Mirror
Stainless steel bathroom mirrors offer a modern looking design that can fit well in any bathroom plan. The steel frame is not only solidly built, but also projects a sharp, clean look. If you are thinking of getting a wooden framed mirror, it can give your bathroom an elegant, rustic feel. Wooden frames can come in a variety of different finishes including oak, wenge, and ebony, amongst others.
Frameless bathroom mirrors are generally an excellent complement to most bathrooms. Due to the minimalist design of frameless mirrors, these usually provide a great solution for any modern bathroom.
Bevelled bathroom mirrors offer a smooth and sleek design that match well with most bathroom features. Bevelled mirrors have their edges cut in a certain way in order to make them look more appealing.
The Size of the mirror
After determining the type of sink that you need, the next step is to know the size that you need. Measure the bathroom and determine how much space you have for a bathroom sink or bathroom cabinet. Most of our bathroom sinks are available in several sizes to accommodate for different bathroom sizes and applications.
The Shape of the Bathroom Mirror
- Ultimately, the shape of mirror you choose will be based on your preference and the style of the bathroom. The contours of rounded mirrors complement many round bathtubs and sinks and can also bring a softer feeling to your bathroom. A round mirror may look very appealing with a u-shaped, oval, or speciality shaped bathroom sink.
- Rectangular mirrors tend to have a more modern feel. Rectangular or square mirrors style look best with rectangular sinks along with with rectangular vanities, and generally look exquisite.
The Style of the Bathroom Mirror
- Modern mirrors are typically sharper in design and can be either round or rectangular. They tend to have a more trendy or an avant garde feel to them.
- Classic mirrors often offer a simpler or time-honored design. The classic style mirrors give off a traditional feeling as well.
Types of Mirrors
- Magnifying mirrors are a maneuverable and adjustable making them convenient for positioning purposes.
- Lighted magnifying mirrors provide a good solution to enhance the reflection, though non-lighted magnifying mirrors are also great options due to their simplicity and ease of installation.
- Magnifying mirrors can be extended depending on the number of arms they have or the type of arms they have (one-arm, two-arm, three-arm or accordion style). We recommend that you measure your space to ensure the magnifying mirror you purchase will extend far enough to be used with ease.
- A medicine cabinet is very useful for bathroom storage, and provides the perfect storage space for small toiletries such as makeup, perfumes and razors. All medicine cabinet doors are surfaced with either mirrors or glass and come in several shapes and sizes.
- Mirrored medicine cabinets are essentially a mirror with built in storage space, all in one. This allows you to save space along while creating more space at the same time.
- Floor mirrors give you the benefit of being able to see your whole body, and they give you the flexibility of placing the mirror anywhere in the bathroom or a bedroom. Floor mirrors can also be placed at an angle, adding more mobility than a fixed mirror while simultaneously serving a decorative piece.
- Travel mirrors and pocket mirrors are convenient and portable solution for a small makeup mirror. Travel mirrors are meant to fit in a purse, handbag or even in your pocket.
- A smaller mirror is generally used for looking at smaller things, which is convenient for on-the-go purposes, shaving or putting on makeup on the go.
Benefits of Lighted vs Non-lighted Bathroom Mirrors
- The benefits of a lighted mirror include supplemental lighting for the mirror, enhanced reflection for shaving and applying makeup, and providing an overall improved visualization.
- The benefits of non-lighted mirrors are the easy installation process. Due to not having any electrical components, a non-lighted bathroom mirror is very simple and easy to install.
- When choosing between a lighted bathroom mirror and non-lighted mirror, it is important to determine the feasibility of wiring along with choosing the mirror that would best complement the rest of the bathroom’s design.