Creating the Optimal Shower Experience
When searching for the right shower and shower accessories, there is a lot to think about. Since a shower is used every day, it is essential to make sure it is a comfortable experience every time. At Modo Bath, we have put together a guide to help you choose the ideal shower and shower accessories.
Here are some things to consider when looking for your shower products.
- There are complete shower systems, shower columns and outdoor showers. We have several different showers to fit almost any bathroom. Most showers are maneuverable and can work in any bathroom. Another thing to consider is whether your shower will be in a bathtub or in a standing shower. Do you need a complete shower system or just a shower head?
- Different shower heads offer different spray styles. Rectangular shower heads will generally spray straight down in a rain shower fashion, while circular shower heads will be angled, maneuverable or detachable. Shower heads that are column-shaped have a vertical spray pattern.
- Hand showers are not only convenient, but they are useful in situations where a regular shower head may not be as practical. Hand showers are useful for those hard-to-reach places and for people who are lacking mobility.
- Hand showers can be used as a regular shower head or a handheld shower head, making them very versatile.
- Grab bars are helpful for safety reasons and for people who need them. If you are designing a commercial, apartment or hotel bathroom, always consider if the bathroom needs to be ADA compliant. If so, a grab bar is mandatory for a bathtub or shower to be ADA compliant.
- Shower seats offer comfort in the shower, making the shower experience more relaxing and adds a touch of design to the shower.
- Shower baskets are important for all showers due to their usefulness in organizing your soaps, shampoos and other toiletries. For showers, you can consider using an over the door shower basket for an easy solution or if you are looking for a long term solution, consider wall mounting a shower basket or shelve. It is also common to use multiple shower baskets.
Shower columns or shower systems usually have all the components needed for a full shower solution, but if a shower system is the ideal solution for you, consider a combination of the following parts:
- Shower Valves/Trims control the flow of the water and may or may not include a diverter, which switches the flow of the water from the tub filler to the shower head.
- Shower heads or hand showers can either serve as a fixed shower head or a detachable, handheld shower, and can match well with most valves and trims.
- Tub fillers are another fixture that is essential for a bathtub.